[omniORB] RE: omniorb-list-digest V1 #82

Dietmar May dcmay@dmis.com
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 17:02:56 -0400

Hi Renzo,

> Now it might happen that such dlls are designed to use common interfaces
for
> external objects, so that they link in the same proxy factory of them.
> Say our application loads dll A first, then dll B and both contain stubs
for
> interface Foo.

It sounds like you have omniIDL stubs statically linked with both DLLs. The
problem may be that the STUBS are being unloaded when DLL A is unloaded.

If this is the case, you might try moving your stubs to a common DLL that
is shared by all other loaded DLLs. This way, the stubs (should!) remain in
memory until the last DLL referencing them is unloaded.

We have client AND server stubs in a single NT DLL, which is shared by
multiple clients and servers. It was a bit tricky getting the configuration
right the first time, but it has been working well for us for quite a
while. (By the way, we are still running 2.7.1, if that makes any
difference).

Hope this helps,

Dietmar May
Object Workshops, Inc.