[omniORB] Re: omniorb-list-digest V1 #82

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:44:38 +0200

Dietmar,

>It sounds like you have omniIDL stubs statically linked with both DLLs. The
>problem may be that the STUBS are being unloaded when DLL A is unloaded.

yes, this is exactly what happens.

>If this is the case, you might try moving your stubs to a common DLL that
>is shared by all other loaded DLLs. This way, the stubs (should!) remain in
>memory until the last DLL referencing them is unloaded.
>Dietmar May
>Object Workshops, Inc.

Unfortunately this sort of double stub inclusion might occur many times. The
entire architecture has been designed to allow for independent design of
modules (services) as well as their loading on demand without knowing about
each other. Until now I thought they could be really independent chunks of
CORBA implementations, not knowing about sharing of proxy factories.
Object instances in OmniORB don't track the factory which created them, so
is not even possible to do some sort of relocation once a factory is going
to die leaving active instances behind it.
Thanks,
                                             Renzo Tomaselli
TecnoTP s.n.c. Special Information System Design
Maso Pelauchi I38050 Ronchi Valsugana,  Trento TN  ITALY
Tel. +39 0461 773164      Fax. +39 0461 771514
e-mail: renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it