[omniORB] Strange problems

James M. Moe moe_jim@burr-brown.com
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:58:18 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:10:45 -0600, Robert Simmons Jr. wrote:

>"Robert Simmons Jr." wrote:
>>
>> #pragma prefix "GnuSoftware"
>>
>> #include <orb.idl>
>>
>> module TimeZonePro {
>>
>>   // Main Service for Converting Times from one time zone to another.
>>   interface TZProConvert {
>>     // Gets the Converter Version info.
>>     // Returns: A string representation of the internal version.
>>     //
>>     string getVersion();
>>   };
>>
>> };
>
> [... ]
> OMG IDL module maps to for c++. THis seems to be a rather major oversight.
>Comments ?

    The Omniorb IDL compiler has a problem with includes. I have found
it's best to run a pre-processor to expand the IDL file before
presenting it to omniidl2:

	/lib/cpp -C -P -I $(EDASPATH)/h $< -o ./stdf.idl
	omniidl2 -I $(EDASPATH)/h ./stdf.idl

    No, no problem with "module". I have a project which uses loads of
modules/interfaces. All I have to do is run the pre-processor first.

Jim Moe