[omniORB] distinguishing remote and local objects

Chung, David David.Chung@USPTO.GOV
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:06:09 -0400

	Is there an interface or a function call that I can make on a CORBA
Object to test if it is local or remote (actually, if it in the same address
space or not)?  I have been looking at CORBA spec and omniORB email
archives, but could not find one.

	(When I make an invocation to an object, if the object is remote, I
need to contact the transaction coordinator that is colocated with respect
to the server .  If it is local, I simply make a "subroutine" call. )

	Of course, I can write and use classes that wrap CORBA objects and
contain a member to flag if it is remote or local.  However, this approach,
however, seems to incur unnecessary overhead ...