[omniORB] Re: AIX Problems

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:10:04 -0400

In Message <3oln9yj6is.fsf@neem.uk.research.att.com> ,
   Sai-Lai Lo <S.Lo@uk.research.att.com> wrote:

=>Gary,
=>
=>Your first problem with 2.7.1 is a known bug and has been fixed in omniORB
=>2.8.0.
=>
=>The problem was that NetBufferedStream::RdUnlock() and WrUnlock() shouldn't
=>call giveback_*() when the strand is already dying.
=>
=>The fix is:
=>
=> [ ... ]

   That did it. Thanks.

=>Your second build problem is fixed in omniORB 2.8.0. Please go directly to
=>omniORB 2.8.0, instead of building 2.8.0pre2 as I have made some last
=>minute cleanup to the scavenger code. Its time to checkout the CVS
=>server!

   True. I had forgotten to post the result when I had encountered it
earlier, so didn't get it out before the CVS announcement. The current
version compiles fine; I'm testing our application with it now.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories