[omniORB] Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:04:48 -0300

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:35:16 +0100 (GMT)

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Diego Roig wrote:

> 1) Will POA be supported in the future? Is this important to the rest of
> you?

Oh yes.  The POA is very nearly ready ... time to start getting excited!

The plan is to do a couple more cleanups, and get it out on CVS early next
week. I'm hoping it will be fairly usable and stable, but then I could be
made to eat my words, as it is a pretty big re-write of much of the ORB!

> 2) Wy the idl compiler generates only one stub/skeleton with the client and
> server code together? Why not one .h/.cc with the code needed in the client,
> and another .h/.cc with the code needed in the object implementation side?

This is something we've thought about, and may one day do something about.
Bit busy at the mo' I'm afraid!

Cheers,
David