[omniORB] HPUX question

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
20 Sep 1999 20:28:07 +0100

> HP is not building because I do not have pthreads installed and wanted =
> know:

> 1. Is is required that pthreads be available, to build omnithread and
> omniORB2.

Yes. AFAIK, the pthread package comes as part of the optional DCE client =
on
HPUX 10.20. It comes in HPUX 11.00 by default.=20

> 2. What is the minimum OS=A0rev for HP that comes with a pthreads that =
is
> usable by omniORB=A0(2.8.0).

HPUX 11.00 seems to be a good bet but I believe HPUX 10.20 works as well.
If it doesn't, check your compiler and support library.=20

Hugo.Vandeputte@meteo.fr helped with the HPUX 10.20 port. He has been usi=
ng
it quite sucessfully.

Jacques Progin <jpr@wag.ch> and Stephen Coy <stevec@cia.com.au> have help=
ed
with the HPUX 11.00 port. Jacques has been using it quite sucessfully in
his project. However he reported last week that the ORB hangs during
shutdown. We have now identified that this is caused by the fact that the
behaviour of its shutdown system call is different from other flavours of
unix. We still have to work out a solution before 2.8.0 final.

Sai-Lai

--=20
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.c=
om=20
24a Trumpington Street                Tel:   +44 1223 343000
Cambridge CB2 1QA                     Fax:   +44 1223 313542
ENGLAND