[omniORB] HPUX question

Ramesh V. Shaastri RShaast@sivam.gar.esys.com
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:18:09 -0500

--------------C8164D7B57FD1BFB4A33F38C

I too tried to build it under HPUX 10.2 and gave up. I used gmake and
aCC combo.
I got some weird build errors - basically a shared object library was
created but it
was not recognised as an object file. If you are successful please post
how you
accomplished
it.

TIA

/rvs

> Hello,
>
> We currently use HPUX 10.20 and I wanted to know if someone could
> explain the support of pthreads on HP.  I just pulled down the 280pre2
> source and have been hitting all of our build machines (irix6.{4,5},
> solaris2.{5,6}, aix 4.3, and hpux 10.20 ), trying to get a handle on
> how much work would be involved in getting a working orb on all of our
> machines.  So far solaris has been a dunk shot, irix is also working,
> aix has some issues I am trying to work on.  HP is not building
> because I do not have pthreads installed and wanted to know:
>

> 1. Is is required that pthreads be available, to build omnithread and
> omniORB2.
> 2. What is the minimum OS rev for HP that comes with a pthreads that
> is usable by omniORB (2.8.0).
>
> Thanks
>
> Rob Cecil

--------------C8164D7B57FD1BFB4A33F38C

begin:vcard
n:Shaastri;Ramesh
tel;fax:972.205.4630
tel;work:972.205.6733
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.Raytheon.com
org:Raytheon Systems Company;C3I/SIVAM
version:2.1
email;internet:RShaast@SIVAM.Gar.ESys.Com
title:Sr. S/W Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;501 S. Jupiter Road=0D=0A;Garland;TX;75042-7108;
x-mozilla-cpt:;-8416
fn:Ramesh V. Shaastri
end:vcard

--------------C8164D7B57FD1BFB4A33F38C--