FW: [omniORB] Autoconf Abilities [was Installation and Configurat ion on RedHat 6.0]

Brent Fulgham bfulgham@xpsystems.com
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:06:23 -0700

> > Yes, but it isn't just the version we need to know. Is
> > there any way we can tell whether the compiler was built
> > with the --enable-threads flag?
>
> Can't an autoconf test based on the following be used:
>    g++ -dumpspecs | grep threads
>
> I assume (but can't confirm it as I don't have a gcc built without
> --enable-threads), if the output is empty, then there is no thread
> support.

My GCC-2.95.1 on my windows machine (running Cygnus) outputs
nothing for this test -- I am pretty sure it was built without
thread support, because the Cygnus tools are not yet complete
with respect to threading.

BASH.EXE-2.02$ g++ -dumpspecs | grep threads
BASH.EXE-2.02$

-Brent