[omniORB] Installation and Configuration on RedHat 6.0

Mike Ladwig mike@twinpeaks.prc.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:17:54 -0400

Sai-Lai Lo wrote:
> Just to clear any confusion, I've spent half a day to configure a RH 6 box,
> compile omniORB_2.8.0pre2 on the box and run my testsuite.
>
> I have not encountered any problem in the build or in running the test
> programs.  The omniORB::loader works fine and I do not see the core
> dump Mike Ladwig reported previously.

My problem was using omniORB 2.7.1 (not 2.8), on a Mandrake 6.0 distribution.

Mandrake (linux-mandrake.com) is derived from RH 6.  It uses slightly
newer (bug fix) versions of many components, and by default uses pgcc
(the pentium-optimized gcc compiler).

I will retry using the instructions you posted.

mike.