[omniORB] any multi-threading java client will work with this ORB server

Christof Meerwald cmeerw@htl.fh-sbg.ac.at
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 20:43:06 +0200

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:34:26 -0700, Ken Feuerman wrote:
>Yes, from experience doing so.  I use ORBacus on the Java client side with
>omniORB on the C++ server side.  It works just fine, even to the extent of
>doing client call-backs.
>
>At 09:57 AM 9/10/99 -0500, paul le wrote:
>>
>>do any one know if I can write a multi-thread java client that will work
>>with the C++ server written for the Omni ORB

AFAIK ORBacus doesn't use the same thread/connection management as omniORB,
ORBacus doesn't open a new connection for a concurrent request but sends the
concurrent request on the same connection to the server. And as omniORB only
supports the thread-per-client concurrency model, concurrent requests from
one ORBacus client are processed in sequence.

bye, Christof