[omniORB] ActiveX

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
08 Sep 1999 23:15:30 +0100

> First, Steve painfully admits he hasn't had time to look at the 2.8.0
> prerelease for NT.

> With that out of the way, have you added a call to WSACleanup to the NT
> implementation of the BOA::dispose member?  This call cleans up internal
> WinSock memory allocation (and makes the Purify leak report easier to
> read).  I have been adding this call externally to my applications which
> then requires me to link with ws2_32.lib.

> I have been intending to report this for quite a while but my attention
> was diverted elsewhere.

OK. I think the new method ORB::NP_destroy() is the more appropriate for
2.8.0. I'll add the WSACleanup call.

What effect does the call has on sockets that has not been closed?

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com