[omniORB] Using SunPro Workshop 5.0 (yet again)

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
03 Sep 1999 12:40:07 +0100

I'm using Sun C++ 5.0 with the latest (August) patch. The link error you
have will go away if you use -g.

omniORB 2.8.0pre2 has been tested with that compiler. As I've written in the
readme notes in the distribution, as long as you use -g (and even -O2), it
seems to work OK. Without -g or with just -O2, the binaries core dump.

I still have some doubts about the binaries produced by -O2. So if you see
your omniORB applications crashing, try just to use -g.

All in all, I still can't trust the compiler for production use. It may
just be a small compiler bug but it is very difficult and time consuming to
isolate  a small test case to submit a bug report.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com