[omniORB] compiling omniORB3 on NT -- Assertion failure

Michael Loftis zop12@mindless.com
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 10:15:34 -0600 (MDT)

This is another reason why I don't like the Windows platform.  In Unix a
.so shares the executing process' heap as if it were its own (it really
has to because .so are truely shared code, and if it didn't then we'd end
up with some *really* nasty security holes!  Other than the ones that
exist that is....)

Of course most of you are also lucky enough to have MSVC++ which makes it
easier to port things as well.  Over here using Borland C++ the problems
are much more aggravated.  But Borland is known to have problems so...

Anyway, just my $.01 (USD) worth ;)