[omniORB] omnithread memory leak

Carlson, Andy andycarlson@ipo.att.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 06:07:19 -0700

Hi omniOrbers,

Another problem I found while torturing my code at high levels
of concurrent connections...

omniORB 2.7.1, posix threads, solaris2.6...

posix.cc line 541...

If pthread_create fails (in my case it returns EAGAIN), an
omni_thread_fatal exception is thrown. Unfortunately this
means that the pthread_attr_destroy call is not made and
the pthread_attr_t leaks.

I'm not sure if omni_thread_fatal means that 'all bets are off'
or whether omniThread is supposed to cope with this situation
- EAGAIN from pthread_create is not an unrecoverable error.

BTW, this is occurring with about 70 threads in existence, 50
of which are tying up Solaris LWPs. Anyone know how to ask
Solaris to allow more LWP's?

Andy
Andy Carlson. AT&T Labs (UK)   	Tel: +44 1527 495258
E-Mail: andycarlson@ipo.att.com	Fax: +44 1527 495229