[omniORB] HP-UX 10.20 porting

Eric Lemoine ele@silicomp.com
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:41:45 +0200

Sai-Lai,

Tanks to our answer,

The historical step of my porting was :
- 1 - gcc.2.8.1

	The compil was OK, but each time I launch examples (eg2_impl and
eg2_clt) eg2_impl core dump when it tried to catch signal handler (for
the client end of connexion ).

-2- gcc.2.95.1

	So, I compiled omniORB2 with gcc.2.95.1. Now, when I launch examples
(eg2_impl and eg2_clt) they work OK, eg2_impl catch the client end of
connexion and don't core dump anymore.

	Of course, this test is very light, but it was the fist step of my
porting. Now I get porting our application (the 2nd step) whitch is
multi-threads and uses signal threads to threads. This application is a
sofware bus multi-platforms, and will use omniORB.

	I think that this will be a good test to see if gcc.2.95 is abble to
generate safe code and if omniORB is OK on HPUX.

Regards,
Eric