[omniORB] compiling omniORB3 on NT

Chung, David David.Chung@USPTO.GOV
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:23:43 -0400

Dear OMNIORB developers:

	I have been trying to make DLL version of omniORB3 work with
omniNames (NT4.0, SP3, MSVC++)

	To test out the DLL, I linked omniNames with omniORB300_rtd.lib
(this is the lib to allow omniORB3 dll to be loaded).

	Unfortunately, when I run rebuilt omniNames, though, the program
dies with the the following error messsage:

"?release@IDLType_Helper@CORBA@@SAXPAV_objref_IDLType@2@@Z could not be
located in the dynamic link library omniORB300_rtd.dll."

	The decorated name of the function, however, IS in
omniORB300_rtd.dll.  In addition, it can be found in msvcdllstub.o.

	I am totally baffled that the linker did not complain about it
during the link -- ????

	Has anyone out there seen similar errors before?  Why do these types
of errors occur??