[omniORB] compiling omniORB3 on NT

Chung, David David.Chung@USPTO.GOV
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:20:34 -0400

	David:

	Glad to hear about your progress!  I have several questions, though:

		(1) I am curious as to at exactly what point did your make
fail?  Did you get to genereate omniORB3d.lib, omniORB300_rtd.lib,
omniDymamic3d.lib, or omniDynamic300_rtd.lib?

		When I run make on your files, the make fails after it
apparently links and generates omniORB3d.lib and omniORB300_rtd.lib.  (It
fails after that point, as it tries to compile irSK.cc in order to generate
omniDynamic3d.lib).

	(2) You referred to extraneous symbols generated.  Let me get this
right -- do you mean that if you compile <top>/src/lib/omniORB2/orbcore and
link it with some CORBA app code, the linker will generate errors because it
finds unresolved symbols?   Or did I misunderstand you?

	(3) is the library generated by running make on
<top>/src/lib/omniORB2/orbcore supposed to be able to successfully link to
CORBA apps without the library generated from
<top>/src/lib/omniORB2/dynamic?  What about the reverse?  (that is, should
the library generated from .../dynamic be able to link to CORBA apps without
the library generated rom .../orbcore?)

	I would appreciate any (further) info.