[omniORB] omniORB2.6.1: large number of operations in an interface cuases compile error on NT

Bjorn Jorde bjorde@tumbleweed.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:31:04 -0700

Thanks Gary,

I applied the code change to the interface backend from the 2.8.0 tree
to our 2.6.1 tree and that took care of the problem.

"Gary D. Duzan" wrote:
> =

>    I believe the expression was changed in 2.8.0 to not use else
> clauses, so you might try upgrading.
> =

>                                         Gary Duzan
>                                         GTE Laboratories
> =

> In Message <380642D7.2CF525C6@tumbleweed.com> ,
>    bjorde@tumbleweed.com (Bjorn Jorde) wrote:
> =

> =3D>I'm running into a problem compiling the generated file from an
> =3D>interface with a large number of operations ( > 120).
> =3D>The idl compiler generates the code fine, but it does not compile o=
> =3D>NT using VC++ 5.0:
> =3D>
> =3D>D:\s2\Posta\Idl\Server\Generated\TW_Session_Gen.cpp(29352) : fatal =
error
> =3D>C1061: compiler limit : blocks nested too deeply
> =3D>Error executing cl.exe.
> =3D>
> =3D>This error is in the dispatch function and is caused by too many if=
 else
> =3D>statements.
> =3D>
> =3D>BTW, this compiles fine on Solaris.
> =3D>
> =3D>Does anybody have a solution for this short of rewriting the interf=
ace
> =3D>to have fewer operations?
> =3D>

-- =