[omniORB] problem with orbixweb and any's

Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:49:02 +0100

On Friday 8 October, "J. Cameijo Cerdeira" wrote:

[...problem with OrbixWeb...]

> but if i try to extract a MapDescriptor from the given argument
> (this performs ok) and use operator <<= to insert it into a newly
> created any type i got an ArrayIndexOutOfBounds java exception on the
> client (orbix) side.
>
> i've used MemBufferedStream to dump the received any and the constructed
> one and they are indeed different, but i don't know whose fault it is.

I'm afraid I can't help a great deal, but it's possible that OrbixWeb
isn't handling endianness issues properly. That would be one
explanation for the different MemBufferedStream contents. Another
possibility is that omniORB is using TypeCode indirections which
OrbixWeb doesn't understand.

Can you try transmitting different structures inside Anys to see if
you can come up with a minimal example structure which causes the
problem?