[omniORB] oneway method (bug?)

Jean-Francois Tremblay Jean-Francois.Tremblay@discreet.com
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 11:55:25 -0400

Hi,

thanks for the extensive answer.

I cannot avoid the "oneway" method since it is for shutdown purpose.

I purposedely start my server with -ORBInConScanPeriod 1 and
-ORBoutConScanPeriod 1
this is because I intended to have a client hold reference to several of
my server (redundance is part of my spec :( ) for a long time at time
certainly longer than a given scan period.

On the other hands I'll have several clients and don't want to get stuck
in a position where I can't handle new connection because connections
that could have been temporarily down still "consume" slots.

Your explanation hit home!

Setting the client idle timeout under the server timeout effectively
solved my problem!

Thank you very much!

The support you give is OUTSTANDING!!!

--
Jean-Francois Tremblay*              |  Discreet*
Software Developer                   |  a division of Autodesk