[omniORB] omniORB 3.0 on WinNT

Poilpret Jean Francois jfpoilpret@hn.vnn.vn
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 20:34:38 +0700

Hi David,

>Hi,
>

>Okay -- as you may have guessed I didn't test it on NT before making it
>available on CVS.  Probably should have put that in the release =
notes...

This was not my goal to blame anyone. I know that all you guys at ATT do =
a lot of work to have an ever better omniORB. I imagine this is quite =
difficult too, to maintain it and test it on all currently supported =
platforms. I also guess that it was a choice (according to me, this was =
a good one) to give acces to all pre-releases of omniORB 3.0 to =
everyone, the goal of which was to have beta-testing as wide as =
possible. Congratulations for this !

>I'm working on fixing the problems, almost all of which are down to =
MSVC
>being utterly brain-dead.  After tonights CVS update you should find =
that
>lots more of the ORB compiles, but it certainly isn't complete yet.  =
The
>IDL compiler (at least) needs more work.  It may take a little while
>though, as I have other pressing tasks...
>
>Thanks to those of you who have pointed out problems.

When I have more time, I will try my best to investigate more about =
this.

>Cheers,
>David

Regards