[omniORB] omniORB on Laptops?

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
01 Oct 1999 18:39:37 +0100

I suspect the BOA fails because it can't work out its own name and IP
address. Try to do something like this:

$ eg2_impl -BOAiiop_name_port 192.168.1.2:12345

Or

$ export OMNIORB_USEHOSTNAME=192.168.1.2
$ eg2_impl -BOAiiop_port 12345

The -BOAiiop_name_port is a new option in 2.8.0. I suggest you past the
hostname to omniNames via OMNIORB_USEHOSTNAME.

The problem here is that with DHCP, you may not know what IP address your
machine has been assigned so manually setting the host name is not ideal.

If you want to investigate how to modify the code to work around your
problem, have a look at <top>/src/lib/omniORB2/orbcore/tcpSocketMTfactory.cc,
the ctor of tcpSocketIncomingRope.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com