[omniORB] omniORBpy and sequence<octet>

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:23:04 +0100

> Yes, I understand this completely, I just read "Python Language Mapping"
> from Martin Chilvers, Bill Janssen and Martin von L=F6wis, version 97-11-=
03 =

> (maybe a bit old, but I only found this). There is the mapping from
> octet to int and the mapping from sequence to list described, but the
> exception sequence<octet> is not written down.

Please have a look at ftp://ftp.omg.org/docs/orbos/99-08-02.pdf. On
p. 12, it says:

# The sequence template is mapped to sequence objects, e.g. tuples or
# lists. Applications should not assume that values of a sequence type
# are mutable. Sequences and arrays of octets and characters are
# mapped to the string type for efficiency reasons.

That was always the intent; sorry if that wasn't spelled in earlier
versions.

Regards,
Martin