[omniORB] omniORBpy and sequence<octet>

Robert Sander omniorb@beteigeuze.cs.tu-berlin.de
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 12:49:45 +0100

On Thu, Nov 25, 1999 at 03:00:21PM +0000, Duncan Grisby wrote:

> Nope. Unfortunately, octet is mapped to integer but sequence<octet> is
> mapped to string. It makes sense when sequence<octet> is used to
> transmit large quantities of binary data since strings are far more
> efficient than lists in Python.

Yes, I understand this completely, I just read "Python Language Mapping"
from Martin Chilvers, Bill Janssen and Martin von Löwis, version 97-11-03
(maybe a bit old, but I only found this). There is the mapping from
octet to int and the mapping from sequence to list described, but the
exception sequence<octet> is not written down.

My test now works fine with strings, I could even call the server from a
C-client running the orbit and it works.

Thank You.
--
Robert Sander
  home.pages.de/~gurubert, pgp available there