[omniORB] CORBA::NO_PERMISSION exception when destroying POA policy objects

Wil_Evers@doosys.com Wil_Evers@doosys.com
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:54:57 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to report a strange problem I ran into while testing the
omniORB3.0 snapshot dated November 19.
After creating a POA, I attempted to call CORBA::Policy::destroy() on the
policy objects in the associated policy list, which resulted in a
CORBA::NO_PERMISSION exception. I assume this is because the newly created
POA doesn't want me to destroy the policy objects it is depending on.

Henning & Vinoski's book says that the policy objects in the policy list
are copied when a new POA is created, and may therefore be destroyed
afterwards. That may be a nuisance, but it appears to be in line with
section 11.3.8.2 of the CORBA 2.3 spec:

     The specified policy objects are associated with the POA and used to
control its
     behavior. The policy objects are effectively copied before this
operation returns, so the
     application is free to destroy them while the POA is in use. Policies
are not inherited
     from the parent POA.

Is this a bug in the omniORB3.0 snapshot, or am I perhaps missing
something?

Thanks,

- Wil
Wil Evers, DOOSYS IT Consultants, Maarssen, Holland