[omniORB] Physical network disconnection/reconnection?

Terje Strand Terje.Strand@ffi.no
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:33:55 +0100

Hello!

We are having a major problem using omniOrb in our embedded real-time
system. The problem arises when we try to use a reference which resides on a
computer that is physically disconnected from the LAN. The first call to the
reference results in an exception after a time-out as expected. However, any
subsequent calls return immediately with an exception even if the computer
running the referenced object has been reconnected onto the LAN. This is
also true for resolving the reference to the naming service..

The problem stems from the fact that we need to be able to handle physical
disconnection from the LAN while data is being transferred continuously and
that the reconnection (2 min to 100 hours later) must happen seamlessly.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
	Terje Strand