[omniORB] Error when compiling on S.u.S.E. Linux 6.2

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
23 Nov 1999 11:57:54 +0000

It is the annoying glibc-2.1 and glibc-2.0 incompatibility again!

According to the product info page, Suse 6.2 is based on glibc-2.1 and Suse
6.1 is glibc-2.0. You can't use libraries compiled with glibc-2.0 with
glibc-2.1. Binaries may work if Suse has done a glibc wrapper like redhat
6.x has. Evidently they haven't.

If you have to use Suse 6.2, please re-compile everything from source. This
may include the compiler if you have built your own on the old distribution.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com