[omniORB] Error when compiling on S.u.S.E. Linux 6.2

glowstars@gmx.de glowstars@gmx.de
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:31:37 +0100 (MET)

Arno Schmidmeier wrote:
> Hello,
> I have upgraded my previous version of S.u.S.E. linux to version 6.2
>
> No I can not compile the omniORB 2.8.0 distribution. As soon as the
> omniidl2
> compiler is invoked he crashes, with a segmentation fault.
> (Annotation I am only interested in the idl-compiler itself, so I have
> the
> default SUSE egcs 1.1.2 (not with enabled threads)
> I see the same behaviour on omniORB 2.7.0 which compiled fine on earlier
> versions.
>
> Any comments?
>
> Has someone succeded building omniORB on S.u.S.E. on linux.

AFAIK the egcs that comes with SuSE 6.2 has thread support enabled.
Try installing the updates to the gppshare and libgpp packages.
They fix a deadlock problem with C++ and Threads.

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/update/6.2/a1/gppshare.rpm
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/update/6.2/d1/libgpp.rpm

While we are at it: Why does the egcs and gcc build documentation
state that --enable-thread only affects the Objective C runtime?

Cheers,

Thorsten Roskowetz

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net