[omniORB] Re: Shopping for CORBA ORB...

Renny Koshy renny@visualsoft.com
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:04:04 -0500

I can see how my statement was misleading.  I was looking for a feee ORB but
was also willing to pay for something if it was GOOD and had features we
needed that were not avail. elsewhere.

Visibroker seems to have good docs.
omniORB -- our selection.
MICO - tons of nice and nifty features.
ORBacus - again... lots of cool stuff.

We needed: Basic ORB, Names, Events.
	omniORB had it.. so I figured that route would be good for now.

IF I wanted commercial support, I'd go for ORBacus since it seems to have
everything I need, + more, and a reasonable pricetag... the source helps (so
that you can track down major issues -- which hopefully will enver be
needed).

-Renny