[omniORB] Exception (probably due to my misuse of CORBA:: types)

Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:31:37 +0000

On Thursday 18 November, Renny Koshy wrote:

> I'm having a strange problem.  I get a system exception for the following
> fragment (IDL, CODE and LOG all included).  However, I can't for the life of
> me see what I'm doing wrong.  I'm using CORBA::string_dup() for strings.  Is
> there anything else I should be looking at?

[...]

> 11/18/99 09:20:55: CheckANIAck() 0x00000002: Caught a system exception.

It would be helpful if you could find out which system exception is
being thrown. You can use the following bit of omniORB-specific code
to print the repository id:

  catch (CORBA::SystemException& ex) {
    cerr << "CORBA::SystemException caught: " << ex.NP_RepositoryId() << endl;
  }

HTH,