[omniORB] egcs with enable threads required for building omniidl2?

Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:46:59 +0000

On Tuesday 16 November, "Schmidmeier, Arno" wrote:

> I know I needto have a thread enabled egcs compiler to be able to generate
> omniOrb client or server applications.
> But what I want to know is, do I need also the thread enabled compiler to
> create the omniidl2 application
> and the omnipy application? And successfully running these applications?

Do you mean omniORBpy and the new omniidl?  If so, you need a
thread-enabled compiler for omniORBpy, but you'd get away without for
omniidl. I don't see how it would do you any good to be able to run
the idl compiler but not run an ORB, though.

I'd recommend using GCC 2.95 rather than egcs.