[omniORB] Callback

Shashijeevan M P shashi_m1@verifone.com
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:01:55 +0530

Hi,

In my view you can do asynchronous invocations in following ways.

1. DII (The code becomes complex & I do not the support provided by omniORB)
2. Use CORBA Messaging service (Not Yet implemented in omniORB)
3. Use Distributed Callback (Which you are trying)

Of all these, the third one is most reasonable because its simple and
implementable.

You can have look at the following papers for more information

1. Distributed Callbacks and Decoupled Communication in CORBA
2. An Introduction to CORBA Messaging

You can find their on-line versions at the following link.

http://siesta.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/report-doc.html

All the best.

Bye,
Shashi