[omniORB] Callback

Renny Koshy renny@visualsoft.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:05:45 -0500

Does anyone know how to setup callbacks in omniORB?  I've looked @ the
IDL specs and omniORB docs without much luck.

here's what I need to get working...

GALClient:                                    GALServer:
    ----- IncomingServiceReq ----->
                                                    Does some processing

  <----- Indicate Acceptance  ------
                                                    Does some processing

  <----- Request Add'l info ---------
                                                    Does some processing

  <----- Disconnect -----------------
   ------ Requester Dropped -------->
  <----- Write account entry --------

This is ONE SERVICE REQUEST... however we don't want the system to
block... i.e. the GALClient should be able to send service requests to
other GALServers during this whole time.

I figure if I send the ISR as a non-blocking, Async request, I can then
proceed to go an do
other things?  But how do I do it?

Thanks

-Renny