[omniORB] Fw: MICO: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0 (0, maybe-completed)

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
10 Nov 1999 17:13:19 +0000

> I originally sent this message to the MICO mailing list.  Is this a an
> omniORB issue?  I have not seen this problem with my omniORB client.  Is
> there a workaround other than doing a retry?

This is not true. OmniORB always sends a GIOP CloseConnection message when
it closes a connection.

If you are not convinced, try telnet to the BOA port and leave it idle for
a few minutes, when the server closes the connection because it has been
idle for a period of time, you can see in your telnet session that the
server has sent a GIOP close connection message before it close the
connection.

e.g.

On host neem:

$ ./eg2_impl -BOAiiop_port 12345 &
$ telnet neem 12345
Trying 158.124.65.37...
Connected to neem.uk.research.att.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
GIOP  Connection closed by foreign host.
^^^^^^

I'm afraid MICO has to look into why it is not doing a reconnection.

The management of idle connections can be controlled in omniORB, please
refer to the user guide for details.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com