[omniORB] Re: Problem compiling omniORBpy

Mon, 08 Nov 1999 16:00:06 +0000

On Saturday 6 November, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

[...AIX...]

> I don't think it will break anything to include strings.h

Unfortunately, it will break NT, since MSVC doesn't have a strings.h.
In fact, it doesn't have strcasecmp() at all, so in doing NT support,
I've written my own strcasecmp() implementation. If you get the latest
CVS snapshot, you'll find that you can define NO_STRCASECMP to enable
my implementation of it.

Unless anyone objects, I suggest adding -DNO_STRCASECMP to the
pre-processor flags on AIX, rather than further cluttering the source
with conditional compilation.

PS. NT support is now available. See my next email...