[omniORB] change Naming Service at runtime?

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 09:59:46 +0000 (GMT)

Andrew,

A naming service is just an object reference.  If you want to change it at
runtime, then you need to provide a way for your application to be
informed of the new naming service.

You can then change the ORBs idea of the name service by calling the
omniORB specific function _omni_set_NameService(CORBA::Object_ptr), or
have your own variable to store the value (which will probably want to be
protected by a mutex).

Cheers,
David