[omniORB] lifecycle example - abnormal termination

Mon, 01 Nov 1999 16:30:44 +0000

On Wednesday 27 October, l.markovic@post.cz wrote:

> When i try the life cycle example i get the abnormal termination
> error of lcclient when i want to move the object again (first move
> is succesful).
>
> I tried to move the object back to home factory or to the other
> third factory and the result is the same.  (i have forgotten to say
> that i speak about Win 98 and NT platform (i\'ve tested both) and
> VC++ 6.0) I found a structure exception is thrown with number
> 3765269347 (it\'s none if these described in VC++ help).

You're right -- the Life Cycle example does indeed fail on NT,
although I'm sure that it used to work. It still works on other
platforms.

Is it a particular problem for you?  The whole Life Cycle stuff needs
to be re-written for omniORB 3, so I'm not enormously keen on fixing
bugs in the old version. If it's a big problem, I'll look into it.

While we're talking about Life Cycle things, how many people out there
are actually using the object migration support?  I've always got the
impression that it was only me...