[omniORB] Object Factories and References

ryan.tecco rtecco@voxel.ummu.umich.edu
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 04:16:30 -0500 (EST)

Hello all. Here's the situation. I have a system where one object is
responsible for creating other objects based on an enumerated type passed
to it. The object creates the implementation, starts it up and returns
it's reference to the caller. The caller then narrows it to the specific
type that it needs. All this occurs without problem, until the client
tries to use a narrowed, returned reference on a created object to call a
remote method. When this occurs, I get a simple "Abort (core dumped)". I
am compiling for Irix, without Lifecycle support.

Please help.
Thanks in advance,
rt

ryan.tecco