[omniORB] COMM_FAILURE in omniORB examples

Brian M. Collins brianc@collinsnet.com
Mon, 31 May 1999 00:52:12 -0700

Help!

I am about at my wits end here.  I am trying to get omniORB working and
keep getting COMM_FAILURE messages from the eg2_clt example program.
Here are the specifics:

-Using RH Linux 6.0, although I had the same problem with 5.2
- gcc version egcs-2.91.66
- omniORB 2.7.1 untarred,  and did the following: ran 'make export', all
went ok
- put LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/src/omniORB(etc...)  in my environment
- in the examples/echo directory I ran 'make export' all apears well.
- I understand I do not need naming service things set up for eg2
(right?)
- eg1 seems to run ok as per the docs
- run ./eg2_impl and ./eg2_clt 'IOR <stuff>'
- eg2 exits with the COMM_FAILURE error message as listed in the error
handler about 1/2 through the eg2_clt.cc file
- when I set up the name service and run eg3, Iget the same thing -
COMM_FAILURE (but we needn't go there, I thing if I can get eg2 running,
all will be well)

What am I doing wrong?  This is driving me nuts! I know it has to be
some simple, fundamental thing I am missing... ack!

Thanks in advance for any replies

bc

Brian M. Collins
brianc@collinsnet.com