[omniORB] mixed bag of questions ...

David.Chung@USPTO.GOV David.Chung@USPTO.GOV
Wed, 26 May 1999 09:24:53 -0400

	As a newbie, I have a number of questions ...

	(1) is anyone working on transaction service for omniORB2?  Would
anyone like to work on transaction service for omniORB2?

	(2) when a local client makes a local call for ORB service
(transaction, concurrency, etc), in response, does omniORB2 make a local
subroutine call?  Or does it do something more time consuming, such as
placing the local call in a request queue?  (I could not figure it out from
my glances through the code).

	(3) If it does make a local call for CORBA service, is it correct
that the speed of the call is in the same order as subroutine calls?

	(4) if one is using POA, the local client calls for CORBA services
are no longer  treated as subroutine calls, right?  Is there thread
switching in this case?