[omniORB] Re: OmniORB build with BCB

Mikhail Soukhanov mik@astra.relline.ru
Tue, 25 May 1999 20:09:50 +0400

Hello, Tony!

DSSol@aol.com wrote:
> [C++ Error] omnithread.h(504): E2321 Declaration does not specify a tag or an
> identifier.
>
> The code is:
>
>     friend class init_t;

The problem is that some portion of the code in this file are defines
which already contain ';' after declaration. When such define is
included as the class member, one more semicolon is added which is what
confuses BCB. I remember that I deleted one of ';' either in define or
in class declaration.

> As far as I can tell, everything should compile.  I am using BCB v4 (I also
> tried BCB v3).  Any help you can provide would be great!

Due to some limitations of BCB3 thread implementation, I switched to
BCB4 which helps to solve the bug. I place a new archive at
<http://astra.relline.ru./devel/omniORB_2.7.1-bcb_4.0.zip> which
contains all the necessary modifications and projects for BCB4 (with all
the patches up to and including No.57) and also can now be built using
GNU make (except anyExample). Also it may contain my debug operators
which will be of no interest to the final distribution.

Everything seems to compile and run but omniNames crashes when accessed
from eg3_impl due to severe memory corruption. DII and DSI examples also
crash. If you can help in debugging this, any suggestions will be highly
appreciated.

Best regards,
		Mikhail
--
Mikhail Soukhanov <mailto:mik@astra.relline.ru.>

Laboratory of Geoinformatics, VNIIgeosystem
Warszawskoje chaussee 8, Moscow M-105, 113105 Russia
Tel.: +7(095) 954-00-31, fax.: +7(095) 958-35-22
W.W.W.: <http://astra.relline.ru./>