[omniORB] A question about NamingService

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Mon, 24 May 1999 12:05:37 +0100 (GMT)

Hi Cristi,

You should be running a single copy of the naming service on just one of
the machines.  You should put the IOR of this into the omniORB.cfg file on
each machine that needs to use it.

Thus you can put IORs for any objects on any machines into this name
service, and applications running on any machine can access these.

Just clarify, and orb does not have an IOR itself -- only objects have
IORs.  Also, a separate orb is running for each application --
irrespective of whether or not they are on the same machine.

Hope that helps,
David