[omniORB] omniORB2 / Java ORB interoperability study

Dietmar May dcmay@object-workshops.com
Sun, 23 May 1999 23:27:08 -0400

Does anyone have recommendations on a free Java ORB to interoperate with an
omniORB C++ server under NT 4? What kind of experience have you had with them?

As far as the Sun Jave 2 CORBA support goes, is it only the IDL compiler that
is tough to work with? Or are there other problems (performance or operational)
with the bindings and/or transport? In other words, once you get the IDL to a
point where the Sun compiler is happy with it, does it run reliably?

> > Here is a study I've made about interoperability between omniORB2 and
> > some other Java ORB, the goal was to find a suitable Java ORB for
> > developping some extensions to our omniORB2 C++ product.
>
> About the JavaSoft ORB in jdk1.2 : i agree that their idl compiler is a
> nightmare; you have to modify your idl files a lot to make them
> understandable by the cmpiler and sometimes you cannot. However, i was
> able Share the omniORB Naming Service :

Thanks,
Dietmar