[omniORB] Running the 3rd example

ryan.tecco rtecco@voxel.ummu.umich.edu
Fri, 21 May 1999 08:49:18 -0400 (EDT)

On my desktop, I have an NT machine and a Linux box. Both compile omniORB,
etc, just fine. Both also run the first and second samples fine as well.
Currently, I am trying to run the omniNames service on one of them along
with eg3_impl and then eg3_clt on the other. I set up the nameservice by
starting it up for the first time with 'omniNames -start 12345'. It writes
it's log files fine and whatnot and I paste the root IOR to the file
"omniORB.cfg" and then let the service continue while I try to run the
client on the other machine, which thinks for a bit and then gives me a
generic "Caught a system exception".

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

ryan.tecco