[omniORB] To: "omniorb-list@orl.co.uk" <omniorb-list@orl.co.uk>

Walt Yao Walt.Yao@cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed, 19 May 1999 16:00:13 +0100

> Hi, everyone
>
> 	I am working on a project on CORBA, and my environment is: client side use
> VisiBroker for Java on Windows NT, server side use omniORB 2.7.1 on Linux. My question
> is how to use IIOP to connect the two points ?
>
> 	Thanx for any suggestions.
>             Jon Chu
>             xfzhub@online.sh.cn

You don't work on the IIOP level.  That's what the ORB does for you.  When you
are programming with CORBA, you are supposed to invoke operations provided by
some implementation through their interface which are specified in CORBA IDL.

What you need to do is, obtain an object reference to your server side object, and then simply call its method much the same way as you would invoke a method of a conventional Java object.

// Walt