[omniORB] SUN C++ v5.0

Rusty Carruth c1040@fmsserv99.azfms.com
Tue, 18 May 1999 08:49:07 -0700 (MST)

> I can't believe Sun is so crap! May be we have a duff installation.
> All the indications are that something is wrong with the codegen/optimizer.

hmm.  We run with all our stuff compiled with -g, so no optimize (we
also explicitly turn it off, as I recall, due to having some problems
with debugging NOT working with -O2 (or whatever levelit was) contrary
to the documentation).  ANyway, while I have some complaints about
workshop (affectionately called workstop by me at times ;-), we've compiled
and run our entire 500k-line application (heavy threads, too - I don't think
ANYTHING compiles without the -mt flag or links without the -lthread flag),
and it works just fine as far as we can tell.

Unfortunately I probably won't have the time to try building omniorb
for a week or so.  Hopefully someone else?

> If anyone is using that compiler at the moment, please drop me a hint or
> two on what patches you have applied to the compiler.

I know of no patches, will double check.

rusty