[omniORB] SUN C++ v5.0

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
18 May 1999 11:27:10 +0100

I wonder if anyone on this list has a sucess story to tell with SUN's new
C++ compiler.

I tried to compile the omniORB2 distribution on Solaris 7 with the new
compiler. Other than some obvious changes, it is a straightforward
compilation. But then I hit link error with omniidl2. After much delay
trying to get Sun's support to work out what the problem is, I gave up and
started to look at the assembler output. Eventually I worked out how to got
the idl compiler to link but then the executable core dump in a ctor.

So I left the idl compiler for the moment and proceeded to the library and
examples, all compiled but when I ran eg3_clt, it hanged inside << of cerr!

I can't believe Sun is so crap! May be we have a duff installation.
All the indications are that something is wrong with the codegen/optimizer.

If anyone is using that compiler at the moment, please drop me a hint or
two on what patches you have applied to the compiler.

Thanks.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com