[omniORB] Seg. Faults on Irix 6.5

James Riden jamesr@harlequin.co.uk
Tue, 18 May 1999 09:10:26 +0100

At 03:41 PM 5/17/99 -0400, ryan.tecco wrote:

>I (think I) successfully build omniORB for Irix 6.5, including the
>examples, but when I run them, they think for a bit and then seg. fault
>without doing anything. Any idea of what the problem is? The collocated
>client and object example exhibits the same behavior as all of the other
>examples.

Try recompiling, say omniNames, or the first echo example.  After it's
linked, enter the link line again by hand with the libraries in exactly
this order :

 -ltcpwrapGK -lomniORB2 -lomnithread -lpthread

If it runs properly after this, this is a known problem, and I think
someone has produced a patch for it. I can't remember where offhand, or
even if it comes with v 2.7.1.

try :

http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/1998-08/0045.html

plus, make sure that you have all the necessary patches to the C++
compiler & runtime.

Good luck  :)

  James