[omniORB] OrbixWeb server answers OBJECT_NOT_EXIST while invoking

Grohmann, Axel grohmann@ike.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue, 18 May 1999 08:59:48 +0200

Robert Schumann wrote:

> I am trying to develop a client in OmniORB under Windows NT to talk to an
> OrbixWeb 3.1c server via a stringified IOR from OrbixWeb (gotten from
> orb->object_to_string!). I am able to reverse this IOR with catior and it
> looks right to me.
> Everything works fine until I try to invoke a method on the object and get
> an exception of
> OBJECT_NOT_EXIST. If I replace OmniORB with Orbix C++ 3.0c and keep all the
> rest of the OmniORB code, everything works fine.
>
> Any idea of what is wrong?

Robert,

I ran into a similar problem. My mistake was that I called
boa -> obj_is_ready(obj);

instead of
obj-> _obj_is_ready(boa);

This does not seem to be much of a difference, but all my problems disappeared
afterwards. By the way, there was an exception/assertion failure on shutdown in
the first case.

Axel Grohmann

Department of Knowledge Engineering and Numerics, IKE
University of Stuttgart
Pfaffenwaldring 31
D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany
Phone: 0049 711 685-2130